Our Organic Apples
Unique & Delicious Varieties
Our apple varieties offer diverse flavors and textures that you won’t find in the supermarket. We’ve selected these varieties because they taste great and because they are naturally resistant to diseases.
Most supermarket organic apples are grown in the deserts of Washington state, where the dry climate supresses disease. In the humid midwest, plant diseases thrive. Our varieties naturally resist disease and allow us to grow beautiful, healthy apples using organic methods. Read more.
Sweet-tart, hints of spice and citrus, beautiful yellow apple.
Sweet-tart, rich, old-time apple aroma and flavor.
Sweet and refreshing, with a pleasant hint of tannins.
Sweet, with delicious, floral, licorice flavor.
Tart, rich apple flavor
Tart, for eating or cooking.
Crunchy, crisp sweet-tart
Crisp, dense apple with lots of sugar and acid.
Sweet, with a spectacular, snappy crisp texture. Small, snack-sized.
Moderately sweet, juicy, hint of licorice. Humble but pleasing.
Sweet-tart, crisp and dense. A basic apple with classic flavor.
Juicy, crisp, high in sugar and acid. Tropical flavor.
Sweet, but not too sweet, with outstanding taste. Juicy and crisp. Addictive.
Crunchy, nutty, and flavorful
Sweet, crisp, and mild
Sweet, rich apple aroma.
Large, juicy, sweet-tart apple with delightful citrus flavor.
Moderately sweet. Spicy flavor. Good for fresh eating, and fantastic when cooked or baked.
Dense, crisp. Tart at harvest but sweetening in storage. Fizzy on the tongue, with rich, complex spicy flavor.
Where To Buy Our Apples
● Madison area: Join our apple CSA, or shop at the Willy Street Co-op.
● Platteville: Join our apple CSA, or shop at the Driftless Market.
● Dubuque, La Crosse/Viroqua area: Purchase an apple share from Small Family CSA.
● At our farm in Belmont, WI. We do not have retail hours on the farm, but you can order bulk quantities of #2 grade apples for pickup at our farm.
Utility Grade Apples
We offer bulk quantities of #2 grade apples for sale. These apples are small or blemished and are well suited for processing into applesauce, pies, juice, etc.
● 20 lbs: $1.75/lb ($1.45/lb for CSA members)
● 1 or 2 35 lb boxes: $1.45/lb
● 3 to 7 35 lb boxes: $1.25/lb
● 8+ 35 lb boxes: $1.05/lb
Order #2 grade apples for pickup at your CSA delivery site or at our farm.